Believe In The Cure Cycling Tour

Believe In The Cure Cycling Tour

Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 05- Waycross Refuge

I was wrong about you, Georgia. I am sorry I was so quick to judge, but hey, I am only human. You and your lovely farms and shady tree groves. Your wonderfully cooked meals. Will you be as kind to us tomorrow as you were today ? We may just fall in love with you yet.

All in all, today was a very good day. One of the best even. We made good time arriving in Homerville by noon leaving us just a 25 mile stretch remaining. It was there in Homervile that we decided to stop for lunch. Walking in we noticed the Valdosta newspaper with our pictures on the front. The article was in the sports section and it was beautifully written. A woman even recognized us in the parking lot and began crying as she hugged us before we left for Waycross. It was quite moving.

Tomorrow we are headed to Hinesville, one day out of Savannah. I know we are getting close to the coast because we saw a fully inflated beach ball on the side of the road today. Anyways, before I leave to go to bed, I have a joke for you. For what is Waycross, Georgia named ? You have to go WAYCROSS Georgia to get there !

Forgive me. It sounded funnier in my head. Well folks. Enjoy the weekend.

Love,
John and Jamaal.

6 comments:

Bahrtender said...

HEY BOYS!!!

WOW, that is really moving about that lady, see you guys are a truely making a big impact with this ride. I'm glad you're loving Georgia, I LOVE GEORGIA TOO!! & UGA!!! Well John I thought it was a funny joke! you guys are making such good time, you'll love Savannah when you get there, SO BEAUTIFUL!! You should find time to bike Savannah Square, beautiful!

LOVE YOU BOYS, KEEP IT UP!!!

Bri Bri

PSPam said...

Keep up the good work and all the pedaling! Hepatitis definitely needs some attention paid to it! I wish I had known you were coming through Tallahassee but alas I didn't hear about it until you were already here! Though my organization mostly advocates to Get Tested for Hep C we also remind everyone to Get Vaccinated for Hep A and B! MY HAT IS OFF TO BOTH YOU FINE YOUNG MEN! Keep up the good work!!

Peace
Pam

Anonymous said...

you guys have no idea how inspirational this cycling tour is. i'm so proud of you guys! = ] keep up the great work!

Jamie
Cantonment, Florida

Anonymous said...

I love you guys! I bet your having fun! Stay safe, and keep your heads up! =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
I am so glad that Georgia has finally extended her hand of friendship to you both. I know it must feel great to see firsthand the awareness you are bringing to Hep B. Love you both and praying that you have continued strength, endurance and fun!

Love, Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

So I definitely loved the Georgia joke, it was pretty funny! But yeah it's great to hear that people are being impacted from all that you are doing. We all miss you here but are so proud for everything that you have done, and it's only been a week! Well good luck tomorrow and keep on pedaling!!

love you guys!
Jaclyn