Believe In The Cure Cycling Tour

Believe In The Cure Cycling Tour

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 07- Much Needed Rest.

This morning we said goodbye to part of the support group. My aunt Pam, my cousin's wife, Rachel, and her son Jordan parted ways with the rest of us as they returned home. I am going to miss them, but I will see them again at the end in Philadelphia. So thank you Aunt Pam and Rachel and Jordan for taking care of me and Jamaal and for providing us with laughs along the way. (Especially Rachel. She actually rode with us one day and we have some embarrassing video of her that we will post soon.) Hope you had a safe trip home.


Despite our short ride today, Jamaal and I felt like we were moving incredibly slow. I think the week's worth of consistent riding finally caught up with us. However, we still made good time and arrived just outside of Savannah at 12PM. We had two television interviews to do when we got to town, so before we went to check in the room, we completed both interviews. Afterwards, we attempted to check in, but they informed us that we couldn't until after 3PM, so we cruised around Savannah in the van, and got a little food.

As soon as we got back, our rooms were ready and everyone took a nap. During my nap, I had that dream again. This time it was not as vivid as the first time, but it was still enough to jerk me out of my sleep. I don't know why I keep having this dream, but it's interesting because I never really dream. (Or I don't remember them, at least.)

We ate dinner at Uncle Bubba's Oyster House. My grandmother wanted to eat there because it is Paula Deen's brother's restaurant. It was quite good despite the 45 minute wait. So between the naps and eating at Bubba's, we didn't have a whole lot of time to sight see. Kind of a bummer, but Sunday isn't the best day to sight see anyways.

Well, folks. Tomorrow we ride to Beaufort, SC. We will have crossed an entire state in 4 days. Not bad timing for being on bikes. We are at 450 miles at this point, and will surpass 500 by tomorrow. We love to hear from everyone and truly appreciate everyone's support. Take care, and we hope your weekend was swell. Our weekend was.

Love,
John and Jamaal.

5 comments:

Bahrtender said...

thats amazing!! you guys are doing great!! my mom says she wishes you the best, she worries but she knows you'll make it!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

KEEP IT UP!!!

Bri Bri

Anonymous said...

hey guys!!
I am so glad I could provide yall with so many laughs! Yall kept me much more entertained!! Thanks so much for letting me tag along and be part of you guys support!!! I had so much fun!! (I didnt realize how many things there is to do on the side of the rode...waiting =])Dont forget about the berries I picked for you! And John I want to say how proud I am of you..I was proud when you first left last monday but after joining your journey and seeing it first hand literally, I have to give it up to both of you guys! yall are something else. This experience is moving to so many people, its really unbelievable. This whole experience has taught me things that maybe were not your first intentions, but truley I think your story is hitting many people in lots of different ways. You are showing people that they can do anything they want and to really appreciate the life that they have, no matter what obstacle is set in your path you can do your best to overcome it. I love that John...keep on keepin on.... okay??? I know you will!!!! Hopefully I will get to see you in Philedelphia!!!! and yes we made it back safe!! <3 ya
Rachel Chandler
p.s. dont embarrass me to bad, okay john? and jamall

Anonymous said...

It's good that you guys got some good rest in.
And it's wonderful that you guys are almost over 500.

This entire tour makes me glad to know the two of you.
I'm so blessed to have met two great individuals like yourselves, John and Jamaal.

Keep going, guys.
I'm still praying for the two of you.

Jackson

P.S. Imma need one of those sweet t-shirts. =]

Anonymous said...

John and Jamaal! Keep up the good work. We love reading your journals and how you guys are doing. It's nice to know that you guys are out there fighting this disease from another end. We're here in Philly cheering you on!

Research Assistant at Hep. B. Foundation

levesque32 said...

Rest well. God is on your side.

Lyle